Christmas is quickly approaching and my poor, sleep deprived self is light years away from being finished wrapping and baking. At least the shopping’s done. But, you know what I am doing instead of getting the aforementioned things done? Wishing. That’s what this season perpetuates. So, here’s my Wish List as of 7 a.m. this morning.
1. I wish I remembered what hot coffee tasted like. Without rice krispies floating in it.
2. I wish I had a laptop (A macbook air, if we’re being specific) instead of freezing my butt off in the library on the desktop.
3. I wish I was eating these right this very second.
4. I wish I didn’t obsessively stalk this site everyday.
5. I wish I didn’t care about how clean my house was. I would have so much more time for other things. Like doing nothing.
6. I wish I had classy pajamas so I wouldn’t feel so badly about not changing out of them until noon. My husband’s tee-shirt and an old pair of sweatpants aren’t really cutting it.
7. I wish I played the piano better than I do, though my kid thinks my rendition of, “Twinkle, Twinkle” is spectacular.
8. I wish I had time to read.
9. I wish morning television didn’t exist. I wish I didn’t keep it on just for company instead of listening to podcasts of something meaningful and relevant. Not stories on sparkle jeans.
10. I wish I didn’t waste so much time wishing for things.
There you go.